Friday, February 6, 2009

Surprise Elijah!


Elijah turned 6 this week, and for the past month he had been telling us he wanted a surprise birthday party. So that's what we gave him! We invited his classmates and church friends for an "Ultimate Bike Party" in the church parking lot. It was a hit!

The funny thing is that he's still at the age where he thinks his party and his birthday logically should fall on the same date. His party was Saturday, January 31st, while his actual birthday was on Thursday, February 5th. On the night before his birthday he informed me he still wanted a surprise birthday party. I replied, "That's what you had on Saturday!" He said, "No, that was a surprise party, and my birthday is tomorrow, so I want a surprise birthday party tomorrow!" Needless to say I had to explain to him that one party a year is quite enough!

1 comment:

Miss Christy said...

What a cutie he is! He also informed me that our celebration on Wednesday night was not for mine and his birthdays because it wasn't our birthdays yet. We were just celebrating. But it wasn't a birthday party. :)