Friday, February 20, 2009

Greatest Christian Song EVER!!!!!!

First of all, I wanted to ask if any of you had noticed that our blog has gotten a little bit of a feminine touch? Just as a disclaimer, Jennifer has been adding to our blog as of late. I feel compelled to share this fact because in 1994 when I worked as a park ranger with Kevin Gilbarte, he gave me the title of "King of Femininity". When I asked to explain such an offensive comment he replied, "You know like Uncle Jesse". Still not sure what that meant, but I digress...

Secondly, for those that know me well, you will know that I am not crazy about most Christian music(there are notable exceptions). I find it campy and lousy. I steer clear of the "christian radio" stations. I remember in college someone said to me that they were going to Nashville to try to make it in Christian Music, since it was so much easier than the real music industry. It seems that in order to make a Christian song a big hit you just take a love song and change the words to Jesus words. The theory that has risen is called the "Jesus is my boyfriend" songs.

But once in a while, I come across a Jesus song that has all the right components. Music quality, stong theological content, artistic style, pure entertainment value. Well I thank Douglas Guadalupe Granger (ask him some time about his middle name, great story) for this gem. If you enjoy it, you might want to thank him as well. You must watch the whole thing to get the feel and mood of the piece, to truly appreciate its value and ability to encapsulate the greatest Christian Song EVER!!!!




As you can see, it is all there. I only wish I had a group that could carry it off for Sunday morning. But I have to say, I will be carrying one thing into my work as a pastor...

ZAP!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Miss Christy said...

Dear Ellie,
Thank you for the comment on my blog. I love you very very much.

Love, Miss Christy

PS: Regarding that song, I will begin teaching it to the kids to sing in front of the church. :) hahahahahha

therooddog said...

Wow... that's all I can say... wow.

Anonymous said...

ROFL, Stephen. I saw that a while back. I made a still shot that said, "Rocking for Jesus. UR doing it wrong." and submitted it to FailBlog.org

It is so incredibly, awesomely BAD, that it's good. LOL

If you like that song, you should check out:
http://www.vimeo.com/1768758?pg=embed&sec=1768758

The dancing is spectacular.

Doug said...

I'm pretty sure that this band played at my prom, but I may be wrong. Their style, dress and mannerisms are the same, but this music is better.

By the way, Brooke's link is amazing. Everyone should check it out!